Saturday, February 20, 2010

#111 Sunshine!

I'm really sorry for the lack of updates. Suddenly the computer doesn't seem as entertaining anymore, social networks have become even more boring, twitter can be accessed through one's handphone, there's no need to read blogs over and over again and even my closest circle rarely update their blogs thus I've neglected this area. Don't worry, I'm back! With a few more updates.

The O's are over (phew!), results are out - If i could say so myself I did surprisingly better than expected. Any point <15 for me makes me happy, so yes. I did better than a 15. :) I got posted into Early Childhood, (SMILES), and I'm still interning at the same kindy.

Somewhere down the line, I realised this is really something I want to do and doing this internship helped me to realise that my real calling is really, children. And teaching. I would say its really not easy. Especially in this field when days are long and tiring and yet you're not as "recognised" compared to a Primary Teacher but actually you may be doing more foundation here in a pre school, preparing the child for Primary 1. I guess both areas does have its own pros and cons.

I'm half way through my internship. I'm kinda sad at how fast time is flying and how little time I have left with the children. They're amazing. I know some drive me crazy and how I lose my voice often. But you know, every child has their "angelic" side as well. The child-like side, the innocent and lovely side. And I realised the longer I'm staying here, the more and more I get to see it. And I'm happy to see the children change - from how they were at Day 1 to now, most are better. :)
Then again, I would have to agree that, the longer I stay, the longer I realise that leaving is going to be way tougher than I thought. Even with the staff, I realise I've become closer to. Jolyn and Natasha, what would my internship be like without them? and yes, the children. My Sunshine 7 and Rainbow 7 and Starlight 3 and 7, DD 12 and the list goes on.

I really hope to make a greater difference in my last 4 weeks. Did I mention that I feel like a little celebrity? Since I've been in so many classes, the children remember me and so when they see me, they scream at the top of their voices. How cute! :D

0 cookies: